What do I do if I can’t afford my rent?

Contact your Revenues Officer as soon as possible. They will be able to signpost you to internal and external services who may be able to help. They will also be able to discuss a suitable repayment plan.

I have a spare room and can’t afford to pay the bedroom tax. What do I do?

Contact your Revenues Officer to discuss your difficulties. They may signpost you to internal and external services. You might also qualify for a Discretionary Housing Payment which could help to pay your shortfall for a short period of time while you consider other options such as maximising your income through benefits or employment, moving home etc.

I can’t afford electric/gas, can anyone help me?

Sometimes there are grants available to help. You can use the information in our grants section to see if you qualify. Alternatively please complete our contact form with information about your address and supplier and we will look into this for you.

I’m struggling to afford food. What do I do?

We hold food bank vouchers for most of our local authority areas. If you are a Thames Valley Housing resident please contact us using the contact form or by calling our hotline.

I am disabled and/or elderly and am finding it hard to cope in my home.

Please contact your Housing Officer. They will assess whether you meet the criteria for tenancy support. They may also contact Adult Social Services to discuss assistance for you. Alternatively you can contact Adult Social Services directly by calling your local council.

I am in debt and don’t know what to do. Can you help?

We are not qualified to give debt advice but we have an extensive list of services in our financial advice category. You can also contact your Revenues Officer to discuss your debts. They may refer you to a local Citizens Advice Bureau or other service.

I need help with me benefits, can you help?

If you are able to, please look at our list of financial advice services. Your local service such as a Citizens Advice Bureau may be able to help. Alternatively please contact your Revenues Officer or Housing Officer. They will discuss whether you meet the criteria for tenancy support.